Saturday, June 25, 2011

WIP – Art doll bust



I have had an absolute ball in this project. It is from a tutorial by Jessica Hamilton called Secret Bust.
DSC_0057DSC_0058
The head has a wire and foil armature. This is my first time working with Prosculpt as well, so I was doubly excited.
DSC_0059DSC_0060

DSC_0061DSC_0062
The face is taking shape, still some elements off-kilter. I made eyes, this time with nail polish for colour – the only problem was, when the head was baked, the nail polish started to bubble! Oh well…
DSC_0063DSC_0064

DSC_0066DSC_0067

DSC_0068DSC_0069
The bust is taking shape and getting stronger. Below is a picture of some of the stash that I want to incorporate in the bust.
DSC_0070DSC_0071
Another first – Aves apoxie clay! It’s sticky, but with the smoother it reacts really well. I added fabric at the bottom of the bust . Now I’m off to do the hair. Toodeloo!
DSC_0072DSC_0073
Post a Comment