Friday, June 25, 2010

Goldstone

 

Goldstone is a type of glittering glass made in a low-oxygen reducing atmosphere. The finished product can take a smooth polish and be carved into beads, figurines, or other artifacts suitable for semiprecious stone, and in fact goldstone is often mistaken for or misrepresented as a natural material. This according to Wikipedia.

I loved the look of these stones and found a tutorial at http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/faux_goldstone.html

Real Goldstone look like this:

Goldstone

 

and some of my creations from the polymer clay version, look like this. Excuse the wire techniques, I am still learning and trying to be more precise… Here I combined Goldstone with copper, gold and silver colored wire. I think the copper looks best, don’t you?

 

Faux

Post a Comment